Friday, June 18, 2010

Outdoor Enthusiast Campfire Chat: How to Cook an Egg in an Onion

In my March 31, 2010 blog post, I Never Have to Say, “I wish I had paddled Florida’s Suwannee River”, I created a video showing John, our camp chief chef, cooking an egg in an orange over an open campfire.

A recent Great North Woods paddling and tenting trip to northern New Hampshire’s Lake Francis, allowed me to take my campsite experience a bit further. Paul Tawrell's outdoor enthusiast book, Wilderness Camping and Hiking, described a method to cook an egg over an open campfire in an onion. Being one to never say, "I wish I had cooked an egg in an onion over an open campfire", I decided to try Paul's recommendation.

Click the below video to see Outdoor Steve's experience with an onion, egg, and campfire.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment