A Giant Pumpkin Regatta is a unique experience to see as captains dressed in unique costumes paddle inside giant 1,000 lb pumpkins up the Piscataquog River in a race solely for bragging rights "For best giant pumpkin boat."
- Morning Giant Pumpkin Weigh-off (Winner 1,284 lbs)
- Afternoon Carving and Decorating of the Giant Pumpkins for the Sunday's Giant Regatta
- Apple Slink Shot Contest
- Learning to use a Fire Extinguisher
- Physical Exercise Contest
- Giant Pumpkin Boat Building
- Fireman Mini-muster
- Pie Eating Contest
- Small Pumpkin River Race
- Giant Pumpkin Regatta
Click below to see the two days of the Pumpkin Regatta:
To see additional links on this event go to another post of Outdoor Steve's Blog at http://outdooradventurers.blogspot.com/2011/10/goffstown-nh-giant-pumpkin-weigh-off.html.
More of Outdoor Steve's blog posts can be seem at http://www.outdoorsteve.com.
-----"Everyone must do something. I believe I will go outdoors with family and friends"-----